The goals of the UG Information Technology Education Program are:
- (a) preparing IT engineers who have knowledge and skills of Information Technology and who can apply them in their future career, and
- (b) providing the students with the foundations and skills necessary to pursue professional development in Information Technology.
Providing students with:
- High quality education in Information Technology.
- The theoretical foundations and practical skills of Information Technology.
- Transferable knowledge and skills applicable to other disciplines and occupations.
- Knowledge and skills to pursue graduate education in Information Technology and related ICT fields
To enable graduates of the UG Information Technology Program to:
- Become academically and professionally competent IT professionals.
- Develop the ability to work independently and cooperatively.
- Build the knowledge, skills, and dispositions required to take up civic responsibilities.
- Work and take leadership positions in industries and teaching and research institutions.